Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
choudhry
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Building application for submission

Hi,

Can anyone guide me to the step on how to package the application for submission? I have created run configuration that deploys to the simulator? Currently, it is generating a bar file in my bin-debug folder and also when I see the application on simulator, the title has -debug beside it.

Can someone please provide the link on how to build for release?

Thanks.

AC

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Building application for submission

The search term you probably didn't discover or think of was "production", and using that I found this solution from a previous topic.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
choudhry

Hi,

I tried the solution in the link. As per it the only thing I needed to do was add -debug=false in the project compiler settings. However, I see no change in behaviour. The bar file is still produced in the bin-debug folder and the application title in simulator has -debug with it.

Please advise.

Thanks.

AC

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, changing the compiler setting to debug=false does not change any file locations or names.  That is something you would have to do outside.  If you have an install script, you could possibly do it there. 

Are you saing the application title in the simulator is something like "My App -debug"?  The name of the application is controlled in the *-app.xml file.  What is it called there?

Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Hey choudhry,

if you are using FlashBuilder you could also try: Project -> Export Release Build, and follow the dialog. Remember that signing is not yet aviable.

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
choudhry

The name of the app in simulator is like"My App -debug". I looked up the *-app.xml file and I do not see -debug or debug anywhere.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Very odd.  That is not occuring with me.  I have FB4 and I run a script to package the the files to the simulator.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

choudhry wrote:

The name of the app in simulator is like"My App -debug". I looked up the *-app.xml file and I do not see -debug or debug anywhere.

I use only the command line tools so I can't say for sure, but it seems likely to me that you have multiple packages built in one or more locations, and you're looking at "stale" data.  Try deleting the one you just looked at, or move it to a new location.  Uninstall the app from the simulator to make sure you are not just re-running the old one again.

Then deploy and re-check the title onscreen in the simulator and in the XML file.  They have to match... if they don't, you have another package somewhere else, and just haven't found and deleted it yet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
choudhry

I am using Flash Burrito 4.5

Here is what I see happening.

The app.xml in my project has the right name. However, when I build, the app.xml in bin-debug has the name as "MyApp-debug"

Now, How can I build the application in release mode and deploy that release mode bar to the simulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey choudhary,

i know it can be frustrating - adobe doesnt make the playbook the easiest platform to work with. here are screen shots and steps you need to take to export your project.

Summary:

1. Go to Project > Export Release Build
  2. UNCHECK the option for Deploy application to any connected devices
  3. Hit Next
  4. On the next screen hit Finish

1. Go to Projects > Export Release Build:

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 10.56.18 PM.png

2. Uncheck Deploy application to any connected devices:

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 10.49.17 PM.png

3. Hit Next.

4. Hit Finish:

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 10.49.45 PM.png

After hitting finish your final .bar file will be in the root folder of your project. For instance the name of my project is "NavBarTest" so it would be in the NavBarTest folder and not in the bin-debug folder.

You can now submit that bar file to app world for approval.

On a side note if you want to confirm that it worked and there is no -debug in the name of the application do the following:

I am on a mac so if you are using windows the commands will be slightly different. Also make sure that you are in your project's root directory. Mine is /NavBarTest (you will see your .bar package there).

run this command replacing the bold text with your own settings and names:

"/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1/bin/"blackberry-deploy -installApp -package NavBarTest.bar -device 172.16.176.130

it will look something like this when you run it:

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 11.03.19 PM.png

after doing so go to your simulator and look for your application. if it doesnt show up, switch to the "Internet" tab and then switch back to the "All" tab and it will show up. Click on your applicatoin and it will open without a problem:

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 11.05.57 PM.png

After doing all that you should be rest assured everythng went according to plan and submit your app with no worries.

Note that all of my screen shots need to be approved before you can see them so give it some time and the screen shots will appear. hope this helps and good luck with your submission!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.