Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Built for BB Debug Version

There is a blog post that WebWork apps that are being submitted for consideration for the "Built for BB" certification needs to submit a debug version.

Does any one know why WebWorks has to do this and is this applicable to AIR apps?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Built for BB Debug Version

This is so that the apps can be profiled to make sure that performance requirements are met. Right now the profiling capabilities in AIR aren't that useful when connecting to a debug version. You can expect something similar when the new runtime is released and Scout works. 

Cheers,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

So after the AIR runtime is available to 3.4/3.5, we will have to worry about this?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

It would be easier because you can export release builds with telemetry data enabled but we're still looking into how to test AIR apps for performance. Right now it's very manual. The community will be given advanced notice when/if we decide to go this route.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dustin, swf files do not have to be compiled with debugging enabled for Scout to work. It can be applied to any swf by setting a flag in the .swf file header.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.