Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a
Accepted Solution

C++ programs on Playbook Simulator?

Hi everyone!

However I ran successfully simple apps through Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 on Playbook Simulator, now I am interesting in more complicated things such as save and run native C++ programs on Playbook Simulator. What folder should I place my apps, and what configure operations I have to do to see my apps on the main screen of the simulator? How can I get root privileges for setting (installing) libs, that my apps need?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: C++ programs on Playbook Simulator?

You cannot get root access, and you don't need it either.

Native apps are developed using the Native SDK (NDK) which is currently in closed beta. It should shortly be reaching an open beta, or a released form, at which point it should have all the tools you need to let you build your apps, package, and deploy them to the simulator or a real tablet.

Note that native apps are "no different" from an AIR app in the sense that they install from .bar files, and are restricted in many of the same ways. For example, they run in the same sort of app "sandbox", preventing apps (whether AIR, WebWorks, or native) from accessing each other's files, and so forth.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

Re: C++ programs on Playbook Simulator?

Thanks Peter!