Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
monkeypunch
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Can't debug on device with Please enter your CSK password

[ Edited ]

I'm getting a "failure 500 application author does not match debug token author" or "Please enter your CSK password" (which I have done). Nothing seems to work. 

I created a backup a few weeks ago as recommended (zipped contents are author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db). 

I'm on a new computer using Flash Builder 4.6, installed the Blackberry SDK 2.0 under Applications/RIM, updated with the local update site. Playbook is 2.0.0.7111.

I updated the author and the first error seems to have gone away but the second one doesn't. Is there a way to completely start over?

This is driving me crazy.

Please use plain text.
Developer
monkeypunch

Re: Can't debug on device with Please enter your CSK password

Where do I find the CSK password?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Acenet
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Hello monkeypunch,

signing process works fine, but demands a lot of attention indeed. Specially when you move the keys between computers.

The CSK password is the first password you specified in the certificate request process,

the 2nd password (aka "store" password) is the password needed to read your certificate when you sign a bar file.

JC
Please use plain text.
Developer
monkeypunch

Thanks Acenet. It appears I've forgotten it. I hooked it up again to the original computer and it was able to upload and debug on the device which is good news. I've requested new signing keys.

Please use plain text.