Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
chriswillis10
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't debug/run to virtual tablet

Hey guys,

I've been following the tutorial that blackberry put on their site for the installation of their tablet SDK and the making and running of the hello world app.

I've got Adobe AIR correctly installed and i have Adobe Flash Builder 4.

On the installation of the Blackberry Tablet SDK i tried to integrate the sdk into Adobe flash builder, but it kept on coming up with the message "Incorrect Adobe Flash Builder directory" when the directory i selected was the folder that the program was installed in. 

So i decided not to integrate it and i did the installation

Then i did the code for the hello world app in Flash Builder (again following the tutorial), but when i try to debug it to the Blackberry tablet there isn't an option for it. There is just  Desktop Application and Web Application. Whereas on the tutorial it says there should be a blackberry tablet option

Can anyone help? I'm really stuck

Thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Can't debug/run to virtual tablet

hey chris,

yeah without integrating it with flash builder you wont be able to use the blackberry playbook as a debug option. nor will you be able to use their libraries (easily anyway). it might have to do with what version of flash builder you currently have installed. to check your version go to Help > About Flash Builder 4 and it will tell you the version at the bottom.

if all else fails though you can still use command line packaging and installation. for now lets try to fix it the flash builder issue. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chriswillis10

Its version 4.0 build 272416

Thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

[ Edited ]

ok so from the looks of it you must update your flash builder to 4.0.1 or 4.5 (Burrito). 4.0.1 is just an update where as 4.5 Burrito is a whole new "upgrade". its still in preview but it works well.

here is the link to the flash builder 4.0.1 update:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flex/downloads_updaters.html#flex4

and here is the link to burrito if you want to go that route:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder_burrito/

after you do the update re-run your blackberry SDK installation from scratch and you should no longer get any errors. the reason why you couldn't install under 4.0 was because previously it would install but users ran into incompatibility issues so i guess they hard coded the installation so it doesn't even install to the 4.0 until the user updates to 4.0.1. hope that helps and good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chriswillis10

It worked!

Thank you so much :smileyhappy:

Chris

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

no problemo! welcome to the world of playbook development :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.