Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
plungeint
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Can't deploy my AIR game to the actual device "Launching debug token -> Result: invalid"

Hi,

I am using Flash CS 5.5 and I followed all the instructions in this forum. Everything seems to work, except in the step called "G. Install and launch app", when I execute the command, I get this result:

Info: Sending request: Install and Launch

Info: Action: Install and Launch

Info: File size: 2354

Info: Installing debug.token.xxxx

actual_dname::debug.token.xxxx

actual_id::xxxxx

actual_version::0.0.0.5

result::success

Info: Launching debug.token.xxxx

result::Invalid

Info: done

any idea how to solve this situation? I am investing all the morning on this without success :No:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Smugrik
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: Can't deploy my AIR game to the actual device "Launching debug token -> Result: invalid"

Seams the debug token on your device is invalid

Julien
Web: smugrik.org Follow: @Smugrik
PlayBook apps:
OSCream
kiPass
Please use plain text.
New Developer
plungeint

Re: Can't deploy my AIR game to the actual device "Launching debug token -> Result: invalid"

Acording to the device it is

Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

then install a new one?

i think there are 2 possibilities:

1) the debug token on your device has expired. it expires automatically (after a month, or when created with the newest sdk versions, in thirty years or so).

2) the debug token you created was invalid to begin with. maybe you used an incorrect hex device id when creating, like 12345678 instead of 0x12345678

in any case, delete the old one, deploy a new one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ltalbot
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Hi,

I have followed those steps too, and had the same error. You can check if your debug token is ok on your device under settings (wheel) -> security.

It usually says "valid" or "invalid".

For me it was invalid when I got this error, despite I followed the steps you mentionned. I needed to regenerate the debug token from scratch and then it was ok.

Loic

Please use plain text.
New Developer
plungeint

ltalbot wrote:

Hi,

I have followed those steps too, and had the same error. You can check if your debug token is ok on your device under settings (wheel) -> security.

It usually says "valid" or "invalid".

For me it was invalid when I got this error, despite I followed the steps you mentionned. I needed to regenerate the debug token from scratch and then it was ok.

Loic

Thanks Loic, I've noticed about the token validity. I'll repeat all the process from scratch right now... I hope this time it works. Elsewhere is there any way to get more direct support from BlackBerry?

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Not really, you're stuck with us.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
plungeint

I'm trying to reproduce the steps and making sure everything it's ok

• When publishing the AIR file, I setup the AIR settings to AIR 2.5, and what is necessary for the "included files" section?
  • The Certificate can be self created by Flash right?
  • I redimension the stage to 1024x600 and FPS to 24, anything else need to be done in Flash before publishing/generating the AIR file?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Try these steps to publish something from Flash 5.5. Hopefully you'll have some better luck. 

1. Create and install a debug token file by following the steps here
  2. Copy over the .xml files and icon from the included package over to where your .swf file is.
  3. Change the author ID and author in the bar-descriptor.xml. This information can be found in the MANIFEST.MF file which is part of the debug token. The default location for debug tokens on a windows 7 machine is - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Research In Motion. Unpack the debugtoken.bar using a unzip package such as winrar and you will see the MANIFEST.MF file located in it. You can view this file in notepad etc.
  4. Update the project-app.xml file with the information for your application. Point the <content> tag to your main .swf.
  5. Use the BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid to package your application and use the settings like they are in the screenshot. Make sure to run the configuration wizard first.
  6. More information on deployment etc can be found in the documentation here.

graphicAid.jpg

Cheers,

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.