Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

Can't find my app in the category of appworld from the real playbook device ?

My app have been approved , everything is right in the appworld from my desktop PC.

here is the link http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/43586?lang=en

But in playbook device, I can't find it under the category "Photo & Video >Photography", through the search funtion ,searching text "Camera Gun", my app is in the result list. so odd.

Could anyone help my to check out my app in the appworld from you actual playbook ?

my playbook os version. is 1.0.1.171 , Should i update the lastest os ?

thanks.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Can't find my app in the category of appworld from the real playbook device ?

You should probably update the OS in any case, as the 1.0.3 release fixes many issues.

In any case, your app is listed there in the PlayBook... maybe you just didn't refresh the list in App World?

Alternatively, if you really typed that version number correctly, you may not have a regular unit. Is this some development unit that maybe doesn't let you download the regular App World stuff? I'm pretty sure nobody who bought theirs in the store or got it in the free tablet promotion has had 1.0.1.171 on their tablet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Wi-Fi

Re: Can't find my app in the category of appworld from the real playbook device ?

It shows up on my playbook. From my experience the content of categories on the actual device is cached for weeks and I have yet been able to find a way to force refresh. -- so everyone who has the particular category cached will not see your application until the cache is updated on their device.

You should update to the latest OS as it always fixes bugs and adds new features.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

This is also happening with our app, Pipeline, which doesn't seem to be rendering within the appropriate category.  

I did, however, find that you can clear the App World cache by bringing up the keyboard from the bottom left swipe and typing RST.

Trusted Contributor

I try to type RST after AppWorld started.

but nothing changed.

how to type exactly?

thanks
Developer

[ Edited ]

Freaky coincidence, but I was just adding a review in App World and in the review text area had typed "Nice first" whereupon immediately a dialog appeared that says "The Service Cache has been cleared." along with an OK button.

Note the last three letters of what I typed...

It actually doesn't matter where you type it though. Just load App World, do a bottom-left swipe to bring up the keyboard (no text field needed), and type "rst".  And yes, it's case-sensitive, so "RST" does not actually work (at least, for me).

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Trusted Contributor

I can't get the popup dialog "Service Cache..." after typing  the "rst ",

is this tip only available in OS 1.0.3.1831 ?  

my os is still 1.0.1.1710,  for  the downloading speed  is so slow in my country recently  .

I had already tried serval times.

Developer

We're on 1.0.3.1868, but I could well imagine that feature, whyever it's there, is only in the more recent version.