Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

Can't get QNXStageWebView to render on screen any more

[ Edited ]

I've used a QNXStageWebView on a few applications previously without issue but I currently can't get it to visually render on screen.

I can't get it to render on the latest PlayBook OS... or the 10.0.6.671 version on the DevAlpha.

In every case I'm attempting, the HTML page that should be rendered is a local file.

I can see the loading progress is working... and I can tell when it is "done" but I don't visually see any part of my page.

However it is definately loading because if I add alert(msg); scripts to my page they always appear (e.g. it isn't a file path issue, or a failure to read the content... it simply just isn't loading the content visually.

Is there a new property I need to set? or is there a bug in the latest PlayBook/DevAlpha OS's that is causing this to not render.

I have previous code for apps (unchanged) that would render a web view... that currently just load the content (play sounds and show alerts();... but none will render the content of a WebView.

Note: I'm using the "Adobe AIR 3.3 SDK" if that makes any difference... and the Tablet SDK was the latest as of: August 11th, 2012.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Can't get QNXStageWebView to render on screen any more

Right now the AIR Runtime that is currently supported on BB10 and PlayBook is 3.1. Please try targeting AIR 3.1 and let me know your results.

Here are some tips.

1. Make sure you're using <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.1"> in your app.xml file. 
  2. You can also add -swf-version=14 to your compiler settings. 

Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

Re: Can't get QNXStageWebView to render on screen any more

Ah ha! this might just be it... I think when I was installing my SDK's it gave me a link and I just got the latest... I will try this out and post back my results!

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.