Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Kai001
My Device: Not Specified

Can't sign apps (Strange problem?)

I'm trying to set up Flash Builder to use my signing keys, but I've encountered an error that I'm not sure how to tackle.

I've followed the guide, which has worked up until this point. I tried to create a new certificate and now I'm stuck with a window reading "Operation in progress...". I've gone to do other things and it's still at that window. Should I end the process and try again?

I definitely don't want to break my signing keys, so any help is appreciated. Should this really take this long?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
macwarrior
My Device: None
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Can't sign apps (Strange problem?)

The command-line tools I've found are way more user-friendly than the Flash Builder system (ironically enough). I say export a release build and then sign manually afterwards.

I'm not sure if anything is corrupted, but I don't think so -- I messed around with the Flash Builder code signing for a while, couldn't make it work, and switched to the CLIs, and I didn't have any problems.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Kai001

Ok, I think I'll end the process and try again, and if it still doesn't work I'll use the command-line signing method as you mentioned.

Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Kai001

It turns out it doesn't seem to accept certain symbols in the password and if you use the symbols it just stays on that screen. Anyway I got it working now!

Please use plain text.