Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
tareqismail
My Device: PlayBook

Can you install a signed bar to your device?

[ Edited ]

I've been testing my app on my device using a debug token. When I install my app, I use devMode. I've done this for weeks now and am finally ready to sign & submit.

I've signed the bar (twice like the instructions suggest) and to double check I was wanting to test the signed app on the device.

I simply used the blackberry-deploy with the following command:

blackberry-deploy -installApp -password **** -device 192.168.1.100 -package "KeepUpBB.bar" 

The app installed, but the icon was replaced with a question mark and it won't launch. I then realized, maybe it's not even possible. Can we actually install signed bars on our devices?

UPDATE: Figured it out. I was packaging the file incorrectly. Anyone know how to delete a topic?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Can you install a signed bar to your device?

Cant delete topics. No worries.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Can you install a signed bar to your device?

@tareqismail, you can't delete a topic, but you can post another message with the answer (as you put in your UPDATE line above) and then after submitting that, you can mark it as the Accepted solution. That's how it's done... :smileyhappy:

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!