Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
Nubuu
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Re: Cannot Upload a new Release to my project...

Hey i am at work, so i cant test it right now... 

BUt jeah, may first bar file (days ago) works seemless - i wanna the free playbook ;-) But my app had a mistake (no icon :smileysad: ) so in the mail they said:

bla bla please correct this and upload it as a new release.

But then everytime i tried yesterdy the error occours.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SoftwareForMe_Inc
My Carrier: None

Hi,

I ran into the same error today. I am using Eclipse.

After signing the file, I tried to upload it and got the exact error you mentioned.

I deleted the .bar, re-generated and did it again. Same result.

After a while I found out that this is what was happening:

* I had changed my version (in my application's Manifest, before compiling), then compiled

* I then got confused about which directory I should be looking in, so I deleted the files and re-built

* The tool outputted a .bar, and this one gave me the error

It turned out that the signer was giving me an error in Eclipse each additional run saying "Cannot sign... this .bar has already been signed."

What was happening is that the tool keeps a history of all application version's it's signed, and it will never sign the same version a second time, so the .bar it was outputting did not have the 5 necessary files inside it, hence the upload failed.

SOLUTION:

* Delete the .bar

* Change the app version in your development tool

* Re-compile and sign

I hope this helps you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nubuu

Ah ok, so i (maybe) should try 5 or so as version number to be clear and than compile all new? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SoftwareForMe_Inc

Yes. That is what I would suggest.

As a previous poster noted, you can verify that the bar is not being properly signed as follows:

* Rename it to .zip

* Open it

* Open the META-INF folder

* Observe the files. There should be five of them

* If there is not all 5, the file has not been properly signed

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nubuu

Hi,

you were right... Only 1 file inside the meta inf directory... **bleep** i changed the version to 5.0.0 and it doesn't work...

Any hint??

( I reinstalled Flashbuilder between now and the first upload, maybe this has to do with it? (dont know zertifcate etc. seems ok and trows no erros while compiling)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SoftwareForMe_Inc

I'm afraid I don't have much more, except to encourage you to focus on the signer, and check for any error output from your development environment when you build or sign.

I have never used your environment, and frankly I'm rather new with Blackberry in general. I found your thread while trying to resolve my issue, and once I fixed my build I thought I'd share what I know with you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

if you have only one file in your meta-inf directory, it means that your file is not signed. compiling is not signing.It sounds to me like you haven't configured your keys in Flash Builder

when you compile in FlashBuilder (4.0 for me, at least), but click on the button "Build and export an optimized release-quality version of your application" which creates a .bar-file not in debug mode, don't click finish but click "next"

Then, there should be a checkmark for "Enable digital signing". Check that and Flash Builder will sign the package if you configured the keys properly via the "Signing page" of Flash Builder. If you didn't, click on the link to get to the signing page

if you don't do that, you will always get an unsigned .bar-file from Flash Builder (in 4.0). You would have to sign your unsigned .bar-file via console. You can use the search to find out how to sign via console

also, as a general tip: when you change your version, don't change the first number, but the last. because the version number is not reversible, and signing must always have a number larger than the one in the previously signed one. when you always change the first, you can potentially 'only' have 255 (for the first number) + 255*255 releases (the next two numbers) before reaching the max, else it would be 255*255*255

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nubuu

Hi,

thanks for your reply... The Checkbox is always be checked, so i don't think the error lies here... But i will try thi evening, if i am back at home.

The "huge" version numbers are more a test but not my usual way. 

greetings.

Please use plain text.