Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
t_rich
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: All

Cannot debug after "unistallation failed" with Flash Builder 4.7

Hello there,

I have some problem here debugging on my BB10 Dev Alpha B Device.

When I tried to debug my app on the device, I got an "could not perform uininstall" error.

Since then, debugging failed every time with this message coming from FB:

Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 3040997
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 3040997 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 /pps/system/navigator/control: navigator service failed

The problem is: I can't manually uninstall the app because it's icon is greyed out on the homescreen and the trash bin symbol won't show up.

I tries removing via the GraphicalAid util as well, to no avail. Simply does nothing ( returns: "Bytes processed : 0")

Is there any chance to uninstall that app?

Or do I have to reset the device? That would be really ugly....

many thanks in advance,

timm

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot debug after "unistallation failed" with Flash Builder 4.7

Try restarting the device.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JollySnaps
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

I am experienceing the same problem with Flash Builder 4.6 So far I have...

added in the blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.1.1 Native Extensions

Selected the Native Extensions to be included in the BlackBerry Package

But still when the aplication is debugged it does not exit when the application exits and "navigator service failed" prevents debugging the application again until the phone is restarted.

This happens on Dev Alpha B-C devices as well as BB Z10. However it works resplendently on a PlayBook.

Does anyone know the way to ensure the application exits when the

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.exit();

because so far the native application most un-bodacious does not!

Catch you later dude

(sorry it's just to Bill and Tedidly hot)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
t_rich

I ended up updating my Dev Aplpha B and doing a security wipe. Since then, the error didn't occur anymore to me (FB 4.7).

Maybe this issue was fixed in the latest OS or I'm just lucky, I don't know. 

Painful process, though. Good Luck

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JollySnaps

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried a secure wipe but still no luck.

I am currently running Version 10.1.0.138 on the Dev Alpha C, the device does not offer any more over the air upgrades, although I belive it is possible to install a prerelease of 10.2 over usb.

The Dev Alpha B is running 10.0.10.261 which I installed to escape the version that was locked when the time limit expired. Which Version did you update to?

One work around that anyone else with this problem might like to try is.

Terminate the Flash Builder deBugging session by clicking the red square debugging control button, this seams to terminate the application on the device correctly, rather then terminating the application by upswiping and then touching the close application cross on the test device.

My main concern was that this would effect a release build of the application, can anyone confirm that this is only a bug with debugging the applcation through Flash Builder and will not effect a released Application?

Thanks in Advance

(I am developing on a computer running OSX 10.6.8 if this is significant)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
t_rich

I used the 10.1.0.1485.

Can't confirm on the release build, though, but never had any problems with that.

Greetings, T.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

JollySnaps wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried a secure wipe but still no luck.

I am currently running Version 10.1.0.138 on the Dev Alpha C, the device does not offer any more over the air upgrades, although I belive it is possible to install a prerelease of 10.2 over usb.

The Dev Alpha B is running 10.0.10.261 which I installed to escape the version that was locked when the time limit expired. Which Version did you update to?

One work around that anyone else with this problem might like to try is.

Terminate the Flash Builder deBugging session by clicking the red square debugging control button, this seams to terminate the application on the device correctly, rather then terminating the application by upswiping and then touching the close application cross on the test device.

My main concern was that this would effect a release build of the application, can anyone confirm that this is only a bug with debugging the applcation through Flash Builder and will not effect a released Application?

Thanks in Advance

(I am developing on a computer running OSX 10.6.8 if this is significant)

You can update your dev alpha by downloading the autoloader here - https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html#

Let me know if the update helps.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JollySnaps

Unfortunatly the updates don't help.

I tried with...

DevAlphaA-B-10.2.0.341 & DevAlphaA-B-10.1.0.1485 on the DevAlpha B

DevAlphaC-10.2.0.341 & DevAlphaC-10.1.0.1485 on the DevAlpha C

The same problem as before, I even performed a secure erase before installing the different OS versions since some settings appear to be retained when the OS is changed. On a side note, I also noticed that the application fails to exit properly if the debuger does not connect to the computer Flash builder is running on, suggesting that the application is not waiting for a signal from the computer that is debugging it, as the application fails to exit even when there is no computer debugging it.

Having been through the process of reinstalling and resetting up the devices I have two gripes with the UI, Although I select United Kingdom English for country the time zone is being set to Reykjavik (GMT) rather then Dublin, London (GMT). This is one hour out ?due to Daylight savings hours?.

When setting the device into developer mode, the UI has the "Use development mode" on/off button first and the Developer IP Address secound. If you first set the use developer mode to "on" and then change the IP address, The phone remains linked to the IP address that was shown when you set Use development mode to on, rather then the one you changed it to.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JollySnaps

As an update to the work around, the Application must be activly running on the phone when the stop debugging button is pressed on the computer, at this point the application exits without completeing any run on exit procedures.

Please use plain text.