Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Capture headset button click

Hi all!

I'm working on some accesibility features in my app and one suggestion I got was to enable user make some actions clicking on the button of the headset.

Is there any way to capture this click event from air? Has this button have any well know behaviour?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Capture headset button click

There are no events from the buttons on the device. Buttons are for system level things. You can get an event from the top swipe gesture. You can get events when the volume changes, which is indirectly a button on the device, but it has a specific purpose that you cannot override (You could get a volume change event and then change the volume back via the API).
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Capture headset button click

Thanks  jtegen, that's what I thought. 

I wish there was an way to do it, It would be a very good solution for many things.

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords