Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Code Signing and App Review process improvements

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I think you guy got that email ("Code Signing and App Review process improvements") from RIM too ...

I am really not sure that I need do it again or not...

I already submitted a signed version and approved.

But that email said:

Enter <bundlename>_signed in the Name field.

This is very confuse.

I assume the name field must match the bar file name.

So, questions:

#1 As I said before, if your app already signed and approved, should you do it again?

#2 assume bar filename is "abc.bar" :

(a) Put "abc_signed" on name field and add "abc.bar" file ?

or

(b) Put "abc_signed.bar" on name field and add "abc.bar" file ?

or

(c) Put "abc_signed" on name field and rename your file to "abc_signed.bar" ?

or

(d) Put "abc_signed.bar" on name field and rename your file to "abc_signed.bar" ?

or

.... ??

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Code Signing and App Review process improvements

hey,

i dont think it applies to you. i beleive the email is for those who have already submitted an unsigned version. what they are telling u is, if you already got approved but just need to sign it now, then renaming your bundle will help expedite your approval process. its just a formality for those who havent been approved yet. so i do not believe its directed towards you.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

[ Edited ]

JRab wrote:

hey,

i dont think it applies to you. i beleive the email is for those who have already submitted an unsigned version. what they are telling u is, if you already got approved but just need to sign it now, then renaming your bundle will help expedite your approval process. its just a formality for those who havent been approved yet. so i do not believe its directed towards you.

I think so too, but it is still confuse me about question #2.

I plan to update my code again and re-submit, so what exactly need to put on Name Field ?

<bar_file_name_without_extension>_signed ?

( file abc.bar  ==> abc_signed ?  or abc.bar_signed ?   or need to rename my file to abc_signed.bar ? )

Developer

hey,

if you were to re-submit and follow the guidlines layed forth in the email, then all you have to do is change the bundle name on the form to <bar_file_name_without_extendsion>_signed. you do not have to rename your actual bar file, just the bundle name on the form. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

T55555 wrote:

This is very confuse.

I assume the name field must match the bar file name.

I don't believe so. My file bundle names do not match up exactly with the bar file name and they've still been accepted. JRab has it right.

Developer

[ Edited ]

ok. got it.  thanks all.

To be clear:

if you have bundle file signed name as "xyz.bar"

then put "xyz.bar_signed" "xyz_signed" on the name field.

Developer

yeah you have the idea. but u dont need the .bar in the bundle name. but thats nothing serious, as long as you have the _signed in there ur good to go.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer
My Device: Free Playbook!
My Carrier: n/a

Yeah, the bundle name field is a bit odd because for most of us, it only contains one file and there is only one bundle per release, but it's just an abstraction used on your vender page, if your app file was "SuperUsefulApp.bar" you could name your updated bundle "Yay_now_it_is_signed" and you'd probably be fine.

I suspect it's just a thing for a human reviewer to recognize at a glance, so I wouldn't be suprised if you could even get away with misspelling the word "signed" without it being a problem, but a simple "AppName_signed" seems like the way to go.

I just uploaded my signed update (my app was approved previously). My first release's bundle was named "operators.bar" just like the file, so I named the new bundle "operators.bar_signed," but after I saved it, it appeared as "operators.bar_s -igned," with a random space and hyphen in there for some reason. This worried me, even though when I edited it, the name was still correct in the field. I just changed it to "operators_signed" and then it appeared correctly.

Anyway, since my app was already approved and I already gave RIM an address for my free PlayBook, my stress level over these quirky things has been reduced to basically nil. ;-)

mark-lacroix.com | Operators: the game with two sides
Please give me Kudos if I've earned it!