Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Jared5755
My Device: Not Specified

Confused on how to Start Developing

So am I right in thinking I need Abode Flash Builder 4 to develop for this device?  I can't just use a regular IDE like eclipse?

Is there any free way to start developing?  I'd like to port my apps over to this device. 

Here's a list of Adobe products I have, will any of them work for this?

• Adobe After Effects CS4
  • Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
  • Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended
  • Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
  • Adobe Illustrator CS4
  • Adobe Soundbooth CS4
  • Adobe OnLocation CS4
  • Adobe Encore CS4
Please use plain text.
Developer
studiochris
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™
My Carrier: .

Re: Confused on how to Start Developing

I'm using Flash Professional CS4 for graphics and symbols and FlashDevelop (Free & Open Source) for Actionscript development. FlashDevelop also has limited support for Flex code completion and it uses the free, open source Flex SDK and compiler from Adobe (which is installed with the BB Tablet SDK, so you don't need a separate download aside from the AIR 2.5 SDK).

You could also use up Aptana Studio, Eclipse or even a basic text editor along with SDK.

If you know the right settings to change, you can make Eclipse, Aptana (which runs on top of Eclipse, if I'm not mistaken) and FlashDevelop publish straight to the simulator because they all use the command line compiler.

If you don't (and I don't), BB has provided a Getting Started Guide that will give you very basic instructions on working from scratch without Flash Builder. It's available one section down from where you downloaded the SDK and simulator installers.

Please use plain text.
Developer
CTR1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Sounds helpful since I (personally) don't think most of the people will/would want to drop 250USD for FB but I'm sure there will be some who do.

C41vin Tirr311
O.O -_-
-Look through the posts before posting a new question.
-Kudo people who posted something you found helpful.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
thesminc
My Device: Not Specified

Here is an article on using Flash Pro

http://www.flashfood.net/?p=40

Please use plain text.