Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
MissRancher
My Device: Not Specified

Context Menu Equivalent?

Does the tablet have anything that would equate to a context menu, like when you press the Menu button on a BlackBerry and you get the option to Close or whatever else you want to add? I want to add some configuration options but without having a button on the screen to get there....

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Context Menu Equivalent?

I dont believe there is a hardware button on the device for universal popup menu like there is on regular BB phones.  I suppose you could listen for a "finger down" for some amount of time to then display a menu to select from. 

You could also have a hidden button that becomes more visible when the finger is near it (tween the alpha based on distance from mouse down event, and dissolve away after 2-3 seconds).

Think like iPhone/iPad, etc.  You could swipe your application to reveal preference choices.  No buttons.

It would be nice to have a common way to reveal preferences since that might be a bit of a learning curve for end users to figure out the N number of ways preferences can be shown.

$0.02.

New Developer
jjackson
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Context Menu Equivalent?

So far to me it looks as though a swipe down from the bezel is going to be a standard way of accessing a menu. Left, right, and bottom all do something, but top doesn't. Long presses are built into air like an android.