Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Converting AIR Apps: Online Office Hours

From the BlackBerry Developer Blog post Converting AIR Apps: Online Office Hours

During Converting AIR Apps: Online Office Hours, the BlackBerry Developer Relations Team will be available to address your questions regarding the AIR to Android conversion, as well as other options like using HTML5. Bring your technical questions and we’ll have experts on hand to provide answers during an online interactive session on Wednesday, May 7 at 10:00 a.m. EST for two hours. Register here!

We worked with some of you on the forums to address the technical challenges in converting your AIR app to an Android app that will run on BlackBerry OS version 10.3.1, and want to go a step further and provide online, interactive help. Bring your questions and challenges for live, direct support.

Our goal is to give you the best support possible in converting your AIR application and we’ll work with you every step of the way.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hferreira
My Device: 9199

Re: Converting AIR Apps: Online Office Hours

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ZwickTheGreat
My Device: *

Heh.

"Our goal is to give you the best support possible..." ... blah blah blah...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hferreira
My Device: 9199

ZwichTheGreat,

Give it a break.
The really think is that they give us a workaround and the AIR was never fully supported on BB anyway. Now you can deploy once to Android and then convert to BB with the same AIR version. In the end this could be the best option (not the perfect but the best).

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA

[ Edited ]

Or, you can just stay on Android. Then you don't have to deal with a bunch of people complaining about your "Android app" and how it runs on BlackBerry.  Why cater to BlackBerry's every wish?  There are literally hundreds of users for every one on the other side of the fence.  And Android has never killed a runtime and all associated applications on their environment. 

Please use plain text.