Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: .
Accepted Solution

Customized radio buttons?

Sorted ListHi I am currently developing and app. for the playbook . I have some issues, I would be delighted to get any inputs from you guys.

• Basically, i am trying to sort a list which is fine, but what i am eventually trying to achieve is categorising the sorted list. Something like the one in the image (see embeded/ attached). I can implement this as a nested sort, but i jus wanted to know if there is any other native method of doing this.

• My next question is i need to design a custom radio button group, where i would like my buttons to resemble label buttons while a tick mark indicating the item checked. See attached.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Ranjith. K
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Customized radio buttons?

You can create a custom renderer for the list items (search forum for this, lots of examples), and you also might want to look at the SectionList control for the divisions. Hope that helps.
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: .

Re: Customized radio buttons?

Thank you  !

How silly of me, it was right in front of my eyes and i dint realise. I would give a try to the section list.

I figured out how to do the radio button, i created a radio button from scratch using catalyst.

Thank you once again.:Rockon:

Ranjith. K