Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Data binding happens after onAdded() in CellRenderer?

yep note taken. Btw handling these logic from drawLabel() instead of onAdded() still seems abit hackish to me =p  maybe its just me, but hope those maintaining the qnx library can provide a better fix

cheers,
Ryan
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Data binding happens after onAdded() in CellRenderer?

hey,

@jtegen: when adding an object as a child its not duplicated from what i've read before. display objects can only have one parent. therefore theoretically if you add it you are removing it from one parent to another. at least thats my understanding. but ill take a look at it just in case and shfited the addChild(newCheckBox) into the onAdded() method since i traced that and its not called as many times as the drawLabel() method is. dont think i need to but better safe than sorry for now.

@ryan: yeah the whole concept of skinning is still over my head and the logic behind it is a little weird. but we just have to do with what we have until clearer instructions and API's are written.

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman