Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
cpmcdo2
My Device: 8900
Accepted Solution

Database help for air....

I need some guidance on starting a localized database for my app anyone know where I can get some step by step help on the coding of a database in air?

New Developer
cpmcdo2

Re: Database help for air....

I guess to further my question.... What command lines do i need at the import section at the top? also what commands start the construction of datafields and initiate there storage in the sqllite local data storage... also is there a trick to keep it on the device so that updates do not affect the storage?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Have you looked at the API yet at:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/data/SQLStatement.html

There are no "command line" tools, everything is done via the API.

You can place the database file in app-storage and that is untouched by upgrades.  Uninstalls will remove this directory (beware).

New Developer
cpmcdo2

This helps alot thank you!!! also is there anything you can recomend about the deletion of uninstalls? I would like the data to stay on the device.... 

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Then you may wish to store the database file in the document directory.  Look at the file class for

File.documentsDirectory

New Developer
cpmcdo2

Thank you,

you have been much help