Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
skijunkie
My Device: Not Specified

Re: DatePicker in Tablet

Thanks for all the replies guys. I had suspected maybe it was the 0.9.0 SDK I was using. I had not bothered updating to 0.9.1 since it (supposedly) didn't have any fixes relevant to me in it.

I'll go get it now. :smileywink:

Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

Let us know if you don't see positive results.

And sorry for the derail.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey guys,

i just saw this thread and you guys are hilarious haha! :smileyvery-happy:

im not insane... well maybe a little but just really wanna push the playbook to its limits and get people to crank out as many great apps as possible so we're ready for launch day! as for creating and testing libraries of code and making it available to the community im up for it! whatever it takes for people to push forward playbook app development :smileyhappy:. let me know any more details!

and yeah sorry for further derailing the topic hah. good luck skijunkie!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
p3pp3r
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

Is it possible to programmatically open the Picker (by default it requires click into the picker). I was looking for picker.open or picker.setOpen but cannot find anything like that.

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey p3pp3r,

there are two ways of doing this. the first method is doing it the way that QNX intended and it is by setting the isOpen property of the picker to true. This will programatically open up the picker for you. the drawback however is you cant close the picker anymore using mouseclicks. meaning even if you click elsewhere like on the stage, it will not close the picker for you. you have to use the same property again and set it to false to close the picker. in theory, you should be able to attach a listener to the stage and do isOpen = false and it will mimic the original functionality.

the second approach is more crude. you can do a picker.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent(MouseEvent.CLICK)) and this will emulate a mouse click onto the picker and it will cause it to open. the drawback of this method is, you must wait till the picker is fully loaded. if you do it rite away, it will not respond to the psuedo click. its best to attach this to another event listener since the picker would already be loaded.

hope that sheds some light, good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
p3pp3r
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

Aaah, isOpen is EXACTLY what I wanted and works perfectly! (not sure how I missed it ;-) Million thanks JRab.

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.