Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Debug ANE?

Getting closer.  Looks like I am using the BB10 libraries on the PB.  So I need to switch to use the 2.0 NDK in the IDE.  It will be nice when both platforms are on the same libraries.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
mdd
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

huh?

i'm using BB10 in IDE.

and

bb-tablet-sdk-2.0.0 in FB

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Not seeeing your screen shot. Guess we're waiting for it to be approved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
mdd
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

lol - that could take awhile...

anyway, I've since updated to NDK 2.1 and rebuilt the ANE - works!  Much easier after the Nth time.

This time I noticed the check box that asked if it should use the workspace SDK, unchecked it and set it to BB Native SDK 2.1 beta: everything compiled fine, just needed to fix xmlns to 3.2 and ID in extension.xml...

I must say, I'm very confused though: the BB NDK platform site seems to be as well - keeps changing the banner from 2.0 to 2.1 to BB 10, but BB 10 not showing on the download page.

We could use a compatibility matrix...

How is your progress?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I agree with the crazy SDK naming convention. I downloaded 2.1.0 beta 1 and will give that a shot. This assume that this is compatible with the PlayBook 2.1 OS. Will try a imple ANE to see if that can work. I may have got ahead of myself.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but I had the same issue with getting errors with the context when using an ANE and found something interesting. I was using C++ and kept getting errors in my ANE but the sample one worked perfect when I added my code to it, the only difference I noticed was the sample used pure c while i used c++. So I changed some of my code to be pure c and renamed the files to make sure they were run through the compiler a c only and it worked. Seems the ANE doesn't like c++. I think this may have to do with the name mangling feature for function names in c++. I'm going to see if the standard way of turning name mangling off works in the NDK and fixes the issue with the context and i'll post it back here if it does.

****** EDIT ********

I tried using extern "C" { //code } and that did not work, so it looks like you will have to use pure c if you want to build an ANE.

Change that using extern "C" does work. Just make sure all of your code including the initializer/finalizer functions are wrapped in it as well if you have multiple class files.

Please use plain text.