Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
wmatt
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Debug Flash Builder on Playbook

Is there a way to debug from Flash Builder on the physical Playbook? Or is the simulator the only option?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ChappyK
My Carrier: None

Re: Debug Flash Builder on Playbook

[ Edited ]

I have debugging working from my playbook in Flash Builder.

scroll down and follow the instructions on this site on how to set it up

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-blackberry.html

this video might help too

http://vimeo.com/22753638

Show your support and click on the like button when you see a post that was helpful.
Please use plain text.
Developer
wmatt

[ Edited ]

Thanks those instructions are way clearer. Except I have some additional instructions during the SDK installation, not sure why:

You have chosen to integrate with Flash Builder 4.5.1 or later version, you need to upgrade the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK plug-in after the installation is completed.

Before you can upgrade the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK plug-in on MacOS, you need to change an Adobe Flash Builder configuration file. The upgrade process reverts the file to its original state when the update is complete. Close Adobe Flash Builder before you edit the config.ini file described in the steps below.

1. In a text editor, open the config.ini file in <Flash_Builder_Installation_Directory>/eclipse/configuration folder. The default location of this file is /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/eclipse/configuration/config.ini.

2. Put a number sign (#) before the "osgi.configuration.area parameter. It should look like "#osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/cascaded/308971/configuration".

3. Save the file and exit the text editor.

4. Run Adobe Flash Builder. On the "Help" menu, click "Install New Software...".

5. In the "Available Software" panel, click the "Add..." button.

6. In the "Add Repository" panel, click the "Local..." button, and browse to <BlackBerry_Tablet_OS_SDK_Install_Directory>/update_site_for_FB" and click "Open".

7. In the "Available Software" panel, check the "BlackBerry Tablet OS Support" and click "Next" to complete the upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Developer
wmatt

[ Edited ]

Hmm... getting an error message, 'No permission to execute the blackberry-keytool Tablet OS SDK 1.1.1 for Adobe AIR'.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ChappyK

only thing I can think of is right click -> get info -> change the permisions on that directory for everyone to read & write, you might have to go through the files in that directory one by one. you could try doing that through terminal "chmod 777 -R /directory ", not sure if thats the correct method on mac. I'm pretty sure I had a similar issue and thats how I fixed it.

Show your support and click on the like button when you see a post that was helpful.
Please use plain text.
Developer
wmatt

That worked. 

cd /Developer/SDKs/

sudo chmod -R 777 Research\ In\ Motion/

Please use plain text.
Developer
ChappyK

Glad I could help, thanks for the likes, and you should mrk this thread solved to help others that might have similar issues.

Please use plain text.