Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Debug Token Error(s)

I follwed the instructions on creating a debug token and loading it to my PlayBook, however when I go into the settings and look it shows the token as invalid and the expiration and author are blank. I also get the unsigned bar error when deploying my app, but I'm sure this is due to the invalid token. I tried to go and create a new token in FlashBuilder Burrito but when I try to create it, it gives the error "Certificate file does not exist". I get this error whether I create a new certificate (in the default location or a custom one) or if i import a certificate. I know my certificate is valid because I an use it to sign a release build just fine. Any help would be appreciated as to why it is throwing this error.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY

Re: Debug Token Error(s)

Nevermind, I got it to work. I had to create the file first and save it, then open it back up to be able to use it. Probably should have tried that first.
Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

I don't know if this is what you are saying CMY but to be more specific the problem (if it is the same as mine) is that the certificate is not registerd in Flash Builder until you close the preferences file. So if anyone is having this same issue simply close your prefences and try it again. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY

Yep, that's exactly what the problem was. Probably would have figured it out sooner, but at 2 in the morning, I'm just glad i figured it out.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

This whole debug token **bleep** really can hamper development. I have been able to sign on BB10 just fine, but now I am trying to get an app back on the PlayBook and it says the debug tokens are expired. I try to create on in FlashBuilder and it says "Certificate file does not exist".

All the posts are very old. Does anyone know how to get a debug token back on the PlayBook from Flash Builder.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY

[ Edited ]

I've never gotten Flash Builder to create the debug tokens correctly. I always create them manually using scripts and then load them using Flash Builder. To note though, Flash Builder does usually update/renew the debug tokens correctly for me. What I susually do is everytime I get a new device, I add it to the debug token so all my devices share the same one. Makes it easier to update them.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Found the issue. The path to the certificate was not corrrect. In building the app for a release, provides a little better information of what was wrong then the debug token dialogs.
Please use plain text.