Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AirTel
Accepted Solution

Debug mode with FlashBuilder 4.5 and Playbook simulator

I'm using falshBuilder 4.5 and the latest Playbook simulator (July 2011).

I'm able to run the application on the simulator. However, when I use Debug mode, I get error both on the simulator and on the FlashBuilder. On the playibook simulator, it says can't connect.

I'm using the correct IP of the simulator (as RUN is working fine). Also I'm using Default debug Host IP config set in the Debug config.

Has anyone faced similar problem. Anything else needs to be set for this?

Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Debug mode with FlashBuilder 4.5 and Playbook simulator

Are you trying to debug over USB or WiFI? USB is always a safe bet as WiFi drops can cause the connection to fail.

The USB port starts with 169.254.*.*

If you are using Tablet OS 1.0.7 the ip address will be 169.254.0.1 and you can set the debug host to 169.254.0.2 if you like to make sure it uses the right one.

New Developer

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the playbook simulator which is running in vmware. Both Flashbuilder and Vmware are running on the same machine.

I have set host IP config in "Debug config" as the default IP - should I be using some other IP? Also should I be setting password. If yes, where?

New Developer

Hi,

can someone help me with the above. I'm trying to run the Debug mode with Flash Builder 4.5 alonwgtih the playbook simulator (running in VMWARE). Both of these are running in same windows 7 laptop machine.

When I do Run, I'm able to download and run the application in the Playbook Simulator.

However, When I'm doing debug (have done setups as advised in the debug config of blackberry getting started manuals), I get the following error:

-----------------

"The Flash Builder debugger failed to connect to the running application.Ensure that:1.

For in-browser applications, you are running the debugger version of Flash Player.2.

For network debugging on a mobile device, you have a reliable network connection to the device, and port 7935 is open on your machine's firewall.    Device connection help"

--------------------

Even I have tried to open port 7935 through the firewall (I'm running Mcafee antivirus in my system), but that also didn't help.

Any pointer in this direction will be of great help!

Thanks in advance.

New Developer

Hi All,

Finally I got it to work. I was using the wrong Debug Host after changing to right IP it started working.

Also note Default Debug Host IP approach also didn't work. This is FYI.

Thanks.

My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: parts

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Hi I am getting the same error. I tried everything thats suggested here. I am not sure what I am missing, but I keep getting the 'The Flash Builder debugger failed to connect to the running application' error when I try to deply the simple Hello World application. I am using FB 4.6.

I have used the ip address that I got from windows IPCONFIG, in the Debug host field. But it didn't help.

Kindly could you advice??

Thanks