Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
DNSalehi
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Debug token is invalid

This error is going to kill me lol.

I have already signed the .bar file and everything. Using "blackberry-deploy -installDebugToken BarFile.bar -device XXX.XXX.X.XX -password password

It tells me this..

Info: Sending request: Install Debug Token
Info: Action: Install Debug Token
Info: File size: 275850
result::success

Then it shows up in the playbook as 

Debug TokenInstalled

ValidDebug token is invalid

Author

Expiration

The time/date match up with my computer exactly. The <author> and <authorId> are set properly. Idk what else it could be :smileysad:. Tried to deploy many times.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Debug token is invalid

Use "blackberry-debugtokenrequest -verify BarFile.bar" to examine the details. Something in there is probably not valid. Perhaps you entered the PIN incorrectly? Make sure not to get confused between decimal and hexadecimal, as PINs are sometimes shown as one, sometimes the other. The PIN in your PlayBook is actually shown in hexadecimal, which may be confusing you if it happens not to include any letters (i.e. only 0-9), as can sometimes happen.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
DNSalehi

Thanks for the response.

I did that and I get this

Issue Date: null
Expiry Date: null
Devices:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rim.device.codesigning.debugtoken.DebugTokenRequest.if(Unknown So
urce)
at net.rim.device.codesigning.debugtoken.DebugTokenRequest.main(Unknown
Source)

Also whats the PIN your reffering to? I didnt include anything in hexadecimal in this process, is there some documentation you can refer me towards invloving that?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

It appears your BarFile.bar is not even a debug token file.

You should review the documentation on this. You should have created a debug token using "blackberry-debugtokenrequest" and specified your tablet's PIN. That can be found in the Settings under About -> Hardware.

This will create a .bar file with the debug token inside. It has nothing to do with your app, which is what I assume is in the BarFile.bar file. You then install the debug token .bar file with the command you were originally trying.

Please read the docs, unless you know all this and the issue is something else. I just checked with the "-verify" command on an app .bar file and it gave the same results you saw. On a debug token .bar file it would act differently.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
DNSalehi

Thank you!! I was doing the steps in the wrong order so I was trying to create a debugtoken with an app ".bar" file.

Anyways got it working! Thanks again!

Please use plain text.