Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Debugging/testing under BlackBerry Balance

Anyone figured out how to debug/deploy our apps on the Work side of the BlackBerry Balance fence?

Any new options for blackberry-deploy or the FlashBuilder plugin?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Debugging/testing under BlackBerry Balance

Applications need to be deployed through BlackBerry Mobile Fusion to have an application appear in the work area.  It's not possible to deploy there using blackberry-deploy.  Are you seeing an issue that occurs only in the work partition?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you just looking for trace information to debug?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology

MSohm wrote:

Applications need to be deployed through BlackBerry Mobile Fusion to have an application appear in the work area.  It's not possible to deploy there using blackberry-deploy.  Are you seeing an issue that occurs only in the work partition?

There are use-cases where an app should function differently when installed in a corporate environment. For instance, in F&F we're building functions to allow an IT admin to lock down certain cloud features & settings as an added security measure. A user may be allowed to use the company Google Docs and have read-only access to a corporate Dropbox, but not to other cloud accounts. Helps maintain at least some protection while still providing access to some cloud features. I'm sure there are many other use-cases.

In such situations I would find it useful if we could test & debug our app in the target perimiter.

jtegen wrote:
Are you just looking for trace information to debug?

No, I know where to find te logs, but thanks anyway John.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I did not mean the logs. I use a socket connection to send trace information to a PC client logger to receive trace data in real-time without FlashBuilder. Multiple apps from multiple platforms can send trace at the same time. It has comes in handy.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll pass this along to our product management teams.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology

[ Edited ]

jtegen wrote:
I did not mean the logs. I use a socket connection to send trace information to a PC client logger to receive trace data in real-time without FlashBuilder. Multiple apps from multiple platforms can send trace at the same time. It has comes in handy.

Ah, you mean something like a syslog client? Hadn't thought of that. What are you using?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Wrote my own. It is in the community library if you want to extract it. An AIR client to receive the trace is also posted on the site. It also does memory profiling. I sue this method all the time and found it faster than the FlashBuilder method of tracing.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology

Thanks John, will give it a go.

Please use plain text.