Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Default Icon Template?

To get it to work for each application:

1) Set the icon path in the -app.xml file for the 72x72 icon tag.  You will need to uncomment that line, but leave the other icon sizes commented out or you will get an error.

2) In the command to update the simulator, add the path to the icon as well.

Hope that helps.

Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook

if you're using FB4 you can just drag your icon into the Package Explorer.  the icon has to be named "blackberry-tablet-icon.png" and it accepts 90x90.

Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 12.58.47 PM.png

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
New Developer
ColinHolgate
My Device: PlayBook Simulator

I'm using the command line to do the install and launch, and I just put the name of the icon in the line I type. It works, whether I use the default icon, which is 90x90, or my own one, at 90x90. I haven't seen a version of the default one that is 72x72.

Developer
jtegen

So you're not editing the -app.xml file?

New Developer
ColinHolgate
My Device: PlayBook Simulator

Not at all. All of the icon values remain commented out, whether I use FB4 or Flash. The only changes I've made in the xml is to set the version to 1.0.0 instead of 1.0 (which leads to errors). And to add the aspectRatio and autoOrients entries.

When there is a plugin for Flash, I would expect it to include 90x90 in its icon requirement list in settings.

Developer
jtegen

I'll give that a shot (leaving out the 72 icon defintion in the -app.xml file and enlarging my app icons to 90 square.

Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

blackberry-tablet-default-icon.png

This is default icon found in sdk, maybe this will help, it has 90x90 pixels, but internal square is 72x72.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
TheDarkIn1978

images attachments don't seem to be working at the moment.

can you give instructions how you obtained the icon from the SDK?

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

I have found this icon in: P:\Adobe Builder\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1\samples\icons\

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
TheDarkIn1978

[ Edited ]

oh!  there it is.  well, the 72PPi simulator version anyway.  should be enough to use as a base (or trace the dimensions in Illustrator or something) if they don't offer an official template before February.

i'm a bit surprised that the shadow is truncated.  seems sloppy.  i didn't notice it before on the simulator because of the green grass wallpaper, but it's easily noticeable in the example.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch