Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: Default Icon Template?

Make a simple square your icon, and you will see that shadow around base of icon is added by device  - good idea, you may have the same icon for AppWorld and device, it will be flat in shop, but look nice in simulator - I'm creating mine icons in InkScape. Changing output size and voila, the same icon in image for all destinations.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Another variation of your solution is to uncomment all icon sizes and put the one you want BlackBerry to use at the top of the list.  This allows you to use the same exact app.xml file for both Android and BlackBerry using Flash Builder.

This article goes into it in more detail plus addresses the 90x90 & 72x72 icon size issue.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

of interest, i was under the impression that the compiler only accepted 90x90 sized .png files so i extended my icon's canvas to 90x90, leaving the extension alpha completely opaque.  for example, it appears that my icon is something like 80x80 and the drop shadow still shows up.

i assume the drop shadow is always there, but if your icon is visually 90x90 you just can't see it.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

FYI, the UI guidelines page on designing app icons implies the same things @TheDarkIn1978 just said, as confirmation.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!