Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
TheWoodenTulip
My Device: Not Specified

Default Timezone for VMware player image.

This is more a QNX thing, but should the Timezone not be available so that the Clock can be corrected for the Hardware Time on Windows or Do I have to build an App For that...?  (I would expect this to be in the Gear Icon section of the Simulator)

Oddly By hacking the underlying QNX settings so that the Clock is understood to be a Localtime rather than Zulutime for hardware likewise corrects this issue (until you suspend...)

Any Thoughts?

-sean

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Default Timezone for VMware player image.

This is still beta.  I am confident that BB will have a clock setting preference to set the date/time and timezone properly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheWoodenTulip
My Device: Not Specified

So am I , and I comprehend the Beta thing...

It's just that there is Locale information capability, but little to go on on how to shift it for system-wide settings in a UI.

I'm thinking more of a World Clock app. (4 panes of clocks, each with respective timezone dropdowns)

-sean

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

If I understand you correctly, you want to create a preference app to do this?  Well since the Date class does not let you change the date/time/timezone universally, then you will have to drop down to the command by a spawned process.  This might be a little tricky for a few reasons:

• Executing the OS layer
  • Will later version allow you to do this due to permissions?

Ideally, the SDK would provide an API to do this without having to go to the OS level.

If you are going to do OS/CLI commands and parse the return from Unix/QNX commands, I would suggest to abstract that out so if the commands change or native API comes later, you can easily change it one place.  Maybe make that a AS3 library that you can share with the community and others can contribute to.

I have to assume that BB will provide this application, but if you want to get your feet wet on something, this would be cool as you suggest.

Please use plain text.