Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
jashsayani
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Deployment Error

Hi,

My app was running fine in the simulator and now I keep getting a Deployment Error in Flash Builder. I tried restarting the simulator but the error still exists. Any idea?

Here's the error dialog:

FB_error.png

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev
My Device: Free PlayBook

Re: Deployment Error

[ Edited ]

Yeah I was getting that error too. I got it after I added a certain number of images to my app. I think it was a bug in the old SDK. What version are you using? You may want to update it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jashsayani

I am using Blackberry Tablet AIR SDK 0.9.1 which seems to be the latest version. The Development Portal does not  have a newer version.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev

I don't know. After I updated to that version I wasn't getting that error. That bug was reported here. See this thread:

Exception IndexOutOfBoundsException when trying to deploy

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey jashsayani,

based on PBDev's theory of you having too many files being packaged and deployed, try reducing the number of files in your project (temporarily) to see if it clears up the problem. Also try to deploy another application (fresh project) and see if that installs and runs properly. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

I get that error as well, most likely because I had a fair amount of external files ( images used as part of my style ). I did find that compiling and deploying using command line worked like a dream and fixed my issue.

Which OS are you using?
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

Based on the image you posted I gather you are using Mac... Sorry, I couldn't see it as I am using my phone to view and post. That is also the reason I didn't just edit my previous post to add this answer.

If you need help with the command line portion let us know. I basically just created a text file for each project that has the conmmands that I need so I just copy and paste them in to terminal.
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jashsayani

Thanks a lot everyone!  The reason was too many files being compiled (as JRab mentioned). And running the SDK installer again fixed the problem!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PBDev

lol Nice solution JRab.

Please use plain text.