Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
BrianMcPeek
My Device: Torch 9850/64GB PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Design mode in flash builder burrito is a white screen and not showing any components

Screen ShotHey guys, for some reason when I go to design mode in flash builder burrito none of my components show up and the screen is white. When I run the app it works fine and looks fine my only problem is I don't understand what's going on in "Design Mode". Any one have a problem similar to this, I also don't get any errors at all about not being able to load design mode just a pop up that says it is taking awhile to load and to continue or not. The only time I can see a component is when I go to the source and highlight a component then go to design mode, then u see a blue outline of the component. You can see this in my screen shot above. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Thanks Again,

Brian

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Design mode in flash builder burrito is a white screen and not showing any components

Design mode does not work if you include qnx libraries in the libraries path due to bug in FB, there is a flag to uncheck it (qnx libraries) in the project properties for BBT

Please use plain text.
New Developer
BrianMcPeek
My Device: Torch 9850/64GB PlayBook

Re: Design mode in flash builder burrito is a white screen and not showing any components

Thanks, for the reply I finally found the answer but I somewhat found a work around all you need to do it un-check "QNX Libraries" so that design mode will work do what you need to then check it again once you are ready to debug. Worked for us perfectly it was easier to change the text size of all the labels using design mode since you can just click each one and change the font size. Then when we were ready to debug we just checked "QNX Libraries" let it compile and bam worked perfectly. Thanks for the reply though I should have looked a little more at the forums. Thanks anyway!

Please use plain text.