Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Detecting truncation in qnx.fuse components and a question about qnx.fuse.ui.buttons.ToggleSwitch

Hi all,

I noticed the new qnx.fuse.ui.buttons have a truncationMode property that enables setting whether the text will be truncated or clipped.

Is there a method to call to check if the text is currently truncated (so I could pass a shorter label to it)?

Also - does anyone else have issues with the BBX simulator font sizing? Seems like even the OS itself can't get it right - the clock and icons all look twice the size they should be.

Finally - I have two qnx.fuse.ui.buttons.ToggleSwitch controls in my app - the first one works fine, but the second one acts like it's disabled - I can't swipe it. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Detecting truncation in qnx.fuse components and a question about qnx.fuse.ui.buttons.ToggleSwitch

Text Truncation. Compare the textWidth to the width of the component (plus any padding) to get an idea if it will be truncated.

Cant help with the other items.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Detecting truncation in qnx.fuse components and a question about qnx.fuse.ui.buttons.ToggleSwitch

Thanks - that's what I was thinking of doing, but there doesn't seem to be a textWidth property for the LabelButton though?

It would make so much more sense if they provided an .isTruncated bool...