Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

Determine IP address of device(s)

[ Edited ]

I use command line scripts to build, sign, and deploy apps (&debug tokens) to my devices but depending where I am (home/work/remote office) and depending on the device (3 PlayBooks, a BB10 dev alpha, and soon a BB10 phone, 4G LTE PlayBook?) deploying to the right device is challenging.

Does anyone have a script (batch, powershell, python, etc.) that will scan the local network 192.168.x.x for blackberry devices?

I'm just trying to automate as much of my dev process as possible to be able to spend more time productively coding apps.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Re: Determine IP address of device(s)

You're so lazy.

I wonder how FlashBuilder does the detection? I'm guessing SSDP...few google searches haven't revealed anything promising though.
Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

My build/deploy flow is all Windows batch files.  While I don't auto detect the addresses, I do have all of my scripts call a common one line script to set the IP address of the deploy target, so I can set it once per development session and in one and only one place.  I will have to think of something else if in the future I want to deploy to multiple devices in one dev session.

Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

Yeah that's normally what I do but it's that 1 extra step when changing locations or devices that I'd love to simplify ;-)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

steve, if you just plug in via USB it's always 169.254.0.X (I just leave X at default of 1). All my dev devices have same password, to simplify things.

Lazy I tell ya. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Steve,

I configure my various devices with fixed IP addresses on my wifi network. Then, on my development workstation, I add them to the hosts file with meaningful names.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.