Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

DevAlpha A Camera dead?

Hi,

I developed an app and wanted to test it on the devalpha A. The camera worked when I got the device. I made a factory reset to exclude any errors in the software.

Problem:

When I open the native camera app I get the UI and a black screen. Changing the camera leads to a grey screen without UI. Closing and reopening the app leads to a message that the camera is in use. Waiting a while and reopen it then again leads to a message that the camera can not be started.

How can I trade in the defective devalpha against a working?

Thanks

lrrm

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
intisar
My Device: blackberry bold9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: DevAlpha A Camera dead?

please update your Dev Aplha device with latest software version..hope it will work ..

Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

did this already last night. did not helped....

it's really a pity because I put work into this and now the only essential part of my app goes silent.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please use plain text.
Developer
apman
My Device: Not Specified

My camera has stopped working as well - I think actually *since* the latest update.

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

good to know. anyone else with the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
apman

Sorry, when I said "since the latest update" I hadn't seen yesterday's brand-new update yet - so hopefully this one fixes the camera again ...

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

the actual camera on the dev alpha device works fine for me. I can still invocate it as well. I dont have an app that embeds the camerea in an AIR app. Sorry.
Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

I'm not really concerned about the AIR thing but about the native inbuilt camera app that doesn't show an image .... that's what makes me believe the cam is dead.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Ah. Works fine on my device.
Please use plain text.
Developer
apman

Nope, 10.9.9.339 didn't fix it. Camera is still just showing black (all the controls are there, but no picture). When I switch to front-facing camera, the whole app hangs (when closed down, the app icon goes transparent and I can't even open it anymore. And I can't take any screenshots until I reboot the device.

Ah well, looking forward to swapping it for a limited edition device :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.