Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Develop for Tablet OS 2.1 and BB10

Hi,

with the upcoming release of BB10 the question arises whether it makes sense to develop for Tablet OS 2.1. I've develop a little app to get the BB10 developer edition device and now I want to port it over to the playbook.

First question:

Do I need to repeat the key order/register process for PlayBook apps or can I use the keys I used for BB10?

Second question:

Are there any things I need to know if I develop for BB10 along with the Tablet OS 2.1? For instance when it comes to signing with the command line?

I have downloaded the Tablet OS SDK 2.1 for Adobe AIR, adapted my app for the PlayBook and want to tie everything together now.

Thanks a lot!

lrrm

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Develop for Tablet OS 2.1 and BB10

#1 Same keys

#2 Different SDKs, different screen resolutions, BB10 requires ANE support for device and graphics.  Same signing process, different command line utils because of different SDK.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

You can (and should) use the same code signing keys for BlackBerry PlayBook OS and BlackBerry 10.

In order to be able to add your release as a PlayBook release, the package ID needs to be the same.  That ID is generated from your code signing key and package name.  For AIR apps, the package name is defined in the id field of the -app.xml file.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

The commandline signing process is the same for both platforms, and you don't need to order new keys for Tablet OS.  Keep in mind that PlayBook is supposed to get BB10 in a few months and according to RIM most PlayBook owners upgrade the OS within a month of release.