Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: null

Device imei or similar code

Good day.

I'm a beginner developer of the applications for the Tablet and I have a question.

I use Adobe AIR SDK for the Tablet OS.

How to get the IMEI code of the device or similar identical code?

Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: Device imei or similar code

Look here, some fields look interesting, like hardwareID or PIN:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/airapi/1.0.0/qnx/system/Device.html

The last one seems to be the number you were looking for.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer

[ Edited ]

Sure, I discover Device class and found info that its collect from Tablet Simulator useless((

Device : os=QNX,pin=0,hardwareID=0,platformVersion=1.0.0.0,scmVersion=null,venderID=1

pin = 0

venderID = 1

this is unacceptable information for the authorization and authentification system.

Maybe its a point of Tablet Simulator?

Developer

All simulators have the same PIN number (PlayBook has 0, BlackBerry simulator by default has 0x2100000a as PIN number). I bet that in the future there will be a way to change it to something else for tests, the same situation applies for BlackBerry simulators - you can change PIN for them during startup of simulator (see: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/system/DeviceInfo.html#getDevi... Real devices will have real PIN's.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer

Ok, in case i need to pass to server "real" imei number (or some identical number) what should I do? Generate a number and store it in ShareObject? Or U do have some other sugestions?

Developer

Real device == Real number

Fake device (simulator) == Fake number

I'm sure you are not expecting from simulator to have real device identificator? In your case I would fake it more for tests, but how do you make sure that user data will be saved when user change device? Buy another one or change it to new one? PIN numbers are untransferable and unmutable.

--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.