Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
eugenevk
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

Disable a List

You can disable a List (list.enabled = false), but it gives it an uggly dark grey color and the list items are hardly readible anymore. Is there a way you can lock or disable a list (so disabling selecting and scrolling) in another way?

Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Disable a List

I can think of a few approaches. 

One would be to change the skin (if you're using the default AlternatingCellRenderer), though I don't know for sure whether enabled=false merely changes the state of each cell, or does something else (in which case that may not work).

You could set selection mode to NONE (which would remove your selections, mostly likely) and set scrollable=false.

You could get the List bounds and draw your own Sprite above the List, with a gray rectangle of the desired colour and alpha level, and intercept the MOUSE_DOWN event so the List can't hear them.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Follow-up: I checked. Disabling the list does change the state of the skin (and the label), so you could subclass the one you're using now, and override the DISABLED state for that skin with your own.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk
My Device: Bold 9000

Thanks Peter (as always)!

Useful info.

Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Please use plain text.