Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
Sudhish
My Device: Not Specified

Do we have any documentation for qnx.views package

[ Edited ]

I am planning to use NavController class to manage screens in my playbook project. Unfortunately I am able to find any documentation or samples. Please guide me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Do we have any documentation for qnx.views package

hey Sudhish,

Documentation for the qnx.view package is currently unavailable. To be honest i didnt even know it existed until now. I just tried it out using Flash Builder and it just seems like a regular MovieClip type Class and Events and etc. It doesnt have any new or special functionality. All signs point to it being incomplete hence it is undocumented. You might have to go a different route for now. Why not use addChild and removeChild methods to simulate new pages?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sudhish
My Device: Not Specified

Hi J,

Thanks for your reply.

I will take that root. Why I asked is, I am rewiring one ipad navigation control based project to playbook.

Sudhish

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Ah yes. Porting apps is a great time saver but once in a while you run into some kind of bump of incompatibilty. Just gotta find the workarounds right? Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
david_schwartz_bb
My Device: Tour 9630

What do you mean by "addChild and removeChild"? Are you referring to using these methods to simulate moving from page to page? thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

addChild and removeChild is a brut force way to change pages.  I think @JRab is referring to some other threads that cover this topic.  addChild/removeChild in conjunction with Tweener would animate a page to another page but then removing the old page from the display list once the animation is complete.  Likewise, adding the new page prior to the Tweener animation.  If you leave a page in the display list, eventhough you cannot see it, could be tabbed too from the keyboard.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
david_schwartz_bb

Is there another way to change pages? I need a simple page changer that can take a parameter like the ID of the data to show on the page. For example: user is viewing a list of names. they click on a name & view the details page. So I have to pass the user ID to the details page. thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Each "page" typically extends a Sprite or UIComponent in its own class that can be instantiated and added to the page controller.  In your case, I would create a class (e.g. UserDetailPage), extend from UIComponent and add a method to set the user's ID which would call the logic to gather and display the information.

public class UserDetailPage extends UIComponent
{
  public function UserDetailPage()
  {
    super();
    // add display components here
  }

public function SetId( id : String ) : void
  {
    // add logic here to set components
  }

override protected function draw() : void
  {
    // position components here
  }
}

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
david_schwartz_bb

How would I navigate back to the calling "page"? thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I've been working on a community library that has this and other helpful classes.  I am away from my development machine right now, so I will post the code to this class in a few hours (still in work).

Please use plain text.