Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Does Blackberry Tablet OS support homescreen Widgets (just like Android)?

Hi there,

we'd like to know if we can build homescreen widgets on the Blackberry Tablet OS. Widgets in the meaning of Android homescreen widgets, Windows 7 Gadets or other Widget runtimes.

If this is possible, which technologies are used? Is it web-based, or native based on some Adobe AIR-related technologies?

Thanx

Sven

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Does Blackberry Tablet OS support homescreen Widgets (just like Android)?

I know what you are asking, but it is kind of already built into the OS.  Running applications can be pushed to the back and quickly scrolled around to with your finger and by selecting it, will bring that application to the front (full screen).  You can slide your finger from the top to see other running applications and quickly swith to one of those.  Because of the larger screen, the "thumbnails" are a lot larger and shows the last state before it was pushed back to background.  It would be nice of the UI is still running when in the background and not a static image of the last frame prior to be pushed back.