Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

E-Mail,Geo Location in Playbook

hi

i want to develop application which have following feature in that so i not clear whether it is supported or not in play book.

Location Based Service (Fatch Lat,Lon) and Users current Location ?and how to connect with Playbook from our application?

E-mail is support or not when it synchroniza with Blackberry smartphone?

From my application i want to send E-mail to different user so is it possible to send e-mail from our  application?

Call Feasibility support ?

SOAP is support or not in Playnook?

Hope for the positive and fast response

Thanks,

Megha

Developer
My Device: Storm

Re: E-Mail,Geo Location in Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Location Based Service (Fatch Lat,Lon) and Users current Location ?and how to connect with Playbook from our application? there are suppositions about the gps being there or not. What works for sure for the moment is the location based on the wifi. There are api's to connect.

E-mail is support or not when it synchroniza with Blackberry smartphone?

Email is via the bridge for the moment, there are no bridge API's atm.

From my application i want to send E-mail to different user so is it possible to send e-mail from our  application?

See above

Call Feasibility support ?

Not sure to understand. You can't call from your app atm.

SOAP is support or not in Playnook?

I think that with Flex you can, but not sure

Developer
My Device: Playbook, q5, z10

SOAP:

it should be possible. i can recommend the following video as a starter: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adc-presents/build-a-flex-application-that-connects-to-a-soap-web-service/

but it depends on what you are going to do with SOAP ...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Android Droid Incredible

an API for wifi based location services? can you expand on that one? All I know is of the GPS Geolocation flash API which should work if you have a release device. Wifi, as far as I know, only works as IP to location, W3C or google gears which I have yet to test again, but last time I checked it wasn't working yet, planned to work but hasn't been finished yet.

Super Contributor

hi

i search it on the forum and i am very much confused whether GEO Location is supported or not in the playbook ?

some post said it does not have GPS functionality and some post said that it have functionality so can any one give clear idea about this topic.

My app need GPS location and user location and Direction on the Map so is it possible using the Adobe AIR Geolocation API ?

if i have to bridge E-mail from my app to BB smart phone then how can i do this any API is available or not?

hope for positive response,

Megha

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Meghasanghvi wrote:

hi

i search it on the forum and i am very much confused whether GEO Location is supported or not in the playbook ?

some post said it does not have GPS functionality and some post said that it have functionality so can any one give clear idea about this topic.

My app need GPS location and user location and Direction on the Map so is it possible using the Adobe AIR Geolocation API ?

if i have to bridge E-mail from my app to BB smart phone then how can i do this any API is available or not?

hope for positive response,

Megha

For your question on whether or not the playbook has GPS functionality, it does according to Mark's post in this thread. This post was buried beneath all of the speculations and questions. 

Hope it helps.:smileyhappy:

Super Contributor

ok Thanks for your reply now i get my answer that playbook is support GPS and it can be fatch using the AIR Geolocation API.

Thanks,