Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
vaiomike
My Device: Playbook

Error: Authentication failed due to invalid password.

After having suffered from the "wrong username/password/timezone" problem quite a while ago (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Error-Username-or-password-is-inv...), I finally took the time to upgrade to v0.9.3 of the simulator + SDK.

After installation, in Burrito I changed the old SDK version to point to the new one (Go to Preferences > Flash Builder > Target Platforms > BlackBerry Tablet OS).

Now, it seems that I got rid of the initial "wrong username/password/timezone" msg - instead, I am getting a "invalid password"-only message:

20110302_Screenshot_WrongPasswordProblem.png

Well, I would have said the message says it all. So I changed the password, doublechecked everything, and provided the correct new password in the Run Configuration in Burrito. However, the message just doesn't disappear.

What more could I try than to change the device password, enable it and provide it in Burrito??? I'm really running out of ideas here....

---

Playbook app: Fuel Dashboard

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Error: Authentication failed due to invalid password.

hey vaiomike,

that problems seems to be following you everywhere! what i've seen is that even though people install the new simulator, they sometimes still have the older one installed and run that instead by accident (sometimes VMware runs when u have the old one on autostart). the best way to check is to see if your version of the simulator has the browser on it. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
vaiomike

yeah, I know, I came across that suggestion before. but unfortunately(?), the correct simulator is started (= I have the browser icon there).

(Although you are right...I have never uninstalled/deleted any old versions...meaning my machine still has the old simulator versions + SDK versions somewhere on it's drive; but I thought, as long as I'm starting the right simulator and pointing to the correct paths, this shouldn't be a big deal...)

---

Please use plain text.
Developer
vaiomike

anybody, any other ideas?

I just reinstalled the simulator. created a brand-new device password. created a new HelloWorld project in Burrito. same error. really frustrating :-(

---

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Try using the command line to launch the application.  At least it will rule out Burrito as being the cause.

Please use plain text.
Developer
vaiomike

great suggestion.

fails as well though. maybe sbdy finds any more clues from following command line output?

Using default icon: D:\Programs\SoftwareEngineering\IDEs\FBBurrito\Adobe Flash B
uilder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\..\samples\icons\blackberry-
tablet-default-icon.png
Invalid manifest file C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\Temp\bar7430698554960827026
.MF.
Invalid value '0.0.0.0' for Package-Version.
Package created: BurritoTest093.bar
Error: Authentication failed due to invalid password.

What's up with this "invalid manifest file" and "invalid package-version" messages?

(As a result, I suppose re-installing Burrito wouldn't help either?)

---

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Are you including the password in the command?

What is the full command that you are using?

Please use plain text.
Developer
vaiomike

yes, including the password. the full line is:

blackberry-airpackager -package BurritoTest093.bar -installApp -launchApp BurritoTest093-app.xml BurritoTest093.swf -device 192.168.72.132 -password thepassword

---

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Sorry, and your app.xml file?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

And you're running the command where the .bar file is in?  Are the other files in the bin-debug directory and are you using the -C parameter in the command?

Please use plain text.