Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
billbsb
My Device: Playbook, Z10 L.E.

Error: unable to find result reply

[ Edited ]

Hello guys,

I'm trying to package and deploy my Air app to the Playbook device but I'm getting this very strange error in the title. It appears after the "Info: Installing..." message.

I'm currently using the latest SDK (blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.4), I can list and delete apps from my device successfully but installing doesn't work as expected.

My app is like an image gallery so I deploy it with some sample images but they are not bundled to the SWF file. The .bar file is around 42mb with all the SWFs, SWCs and images.

I can see my App icon on the device but when I run it, it shows the blackberry logo but then it crashes without any error message and doesn't start.

I couldn't find any more information about it. Can anybody give me some more insights about it?

[UPDATE]

Just to mention that my development machine is a Mac. And that I found one more clue: the folder structure of my .bar file is completely messed up. Maybe it's my command invocation that is wrong? I use ANT to invoke the blackberry-packager tool. This is the target;

<target name="package_deploy_to_device" description="Package and Deploy the AirReader project to the Playbook device in one single step. Only works with a Playbook.">
	<echo>[deploy_to_device] Deploying to Playbook ip: ${blackberry.device.ip}</echo>
        <exec executable="${blackberry.packager}" failonerror="true">
        	<!--/Users/williamribeiro/flex/AirReader/main/AirReader/bin-debug/AirReader-app.xml -->
            <arg line="-package ${bin_debug_dir}/AirReader.bar -installApp ${bin_debug_dir}/AirReader-app.xml ${bin_debug_dir}/AirReader.swf ${bin_debug_dir}/Toolbar.swf ${bin_debug_dir}/Flipview.swf ${bin_debug_dir}/style ${bin_debug_dir}/magazine -device ${blackberry.device.ip} -password ${blackberry.device.password}"/>
        </exec>
	</target>

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!
New Contributor
freddymartinez9
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: Error: unable to find result reply

I'm also having this issue.  Did you ever resolve it?

Regular Contributor
SatishK
My Device: Blackberry Z10

hey,

i have occurred same issue. 

i am currently using latest SDK 1.0.1. When i am installing app on device.

"Error: unable to find result reply"

New Contributor
waleswizard
My Device: Playbook

i have same issue to, :smileysad:( why so dificult to submit playbook

BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

When bar file lots of files installation will time out, workaround is to zip images/assets before putting them in the bar (and unzip when app runs for the first time in sandbox)