Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
darrell_davis
My Device: Not Specified

Error unable to open part of SDK - missing mx folder?

I am working on my first attempt to create a project.  I'm on a Mac.  I installed the Abode Flash Builder 4 Plug-in for Eclipse, along with the distributed Eclipse.  I installed the Abode Air SDK and the Blackberry Tablet SDK 0.9.1.

In Eclipse I can create a new Flex project, following the AIRHelloWorld example.

The "BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.1 for Adobe AIR" library does appear in my project.

However, Eclipse is reporting one problem

unable to open '/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in/sdks/blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1/frameworks/libs/mx'

The path up to the mx folder is correct, but my libs folder does not contain a mx folder.

Also, when I choose Debug, there is not an option to run the project as a Blackberry Table AIR Application.  The only options are Desktop Application and FlexUnit Tests.

Any pointers?

-Darrell

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darrell_davis
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error unable to open part of SDK - missing mx folder?

After more research I found another thread that suggested that the SDK doesn't install properly with the plug-in version of Flash Builder.  I deleted everything and then installed the non-plug-in version and everything seems to be working fine.

-Darrell

Please use plain text.
New Developer
dkerr
My Device: Playbook

Re: Error unable to open part of SDK - missing mx folder?

Installed fine for me with plugin.  

However, after many years of working with Adobe, installations are not their strong suit.  Things can fail one time, and with no explanation, work fine the next.  Requires patience... but it is well worth it!

Don Kerr
Manager, Space City Adobe User Group
Houston, Tx
www.spacecityaug.com
Please use plain text.