Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
AwesomeDev
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

Errors and Warnings with Flex in Flash Builder

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie...

When creating using flex, I get these Errors and Warnings:

Errors (1 item)

configuration variable 'compiler.external-library-path' value contains unknown token 'BLACKBERRY_TABLET_SDK'

Warnings (5 items)
Design mode could not load flexunit-core-flex-4.0.0.2-sdk3.5.0.12683.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load flexunitextended.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load hamcrest-1.0.2.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load qnx-air.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load qnx-screen.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Any help?

Steve

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Errors and Warnings with Flex in Flash Builder

What environment are you using? IDE, version, project type? Are you using the 1.0.1 version of the SDK and did you install that with 2.5 of AIR?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AwesomeDev
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

I am using Flash Builder 4 with Air SDK 2.5. I have installed the tablet sdk 1.0.1. The weird thing is, I made my app a week ago with flex.. Tested it and everything. Working perfectly. I was waiting for account approval to submit my app but my app now has errors and I cannot submit it. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PatSegoe
My Device: Not Specified

Hm...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mr_subtle
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I'm having the same problem with Design View and the qnx-air.swc and qnx-screen.swc files.

It renders my Design View a blank white canvas and I'm not able to place any components on the Stage.

It should also be noted, that you can remove the check to include the BlackBerry libraries in your compile, and that will resolve the issue.  However, you cannot use any QNX objects/Classes particularly ui,events, and system sub-classes.

I am still able to compile a Flex Mobile App without any QNX components to my test PlayBook, however using these SDK-specific features is really what PlayBook app dev is all about.

Anyone have any insight here?

Please use plain text.