Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
kylefowler
My Device: 9900

Re: FB Burrito and Blackberry SDK Beta2 Install Issue

[ Edited ]

I have followed all of the steps exactly as well and its not showing up for me in the options, just android. Just downloaded the latest burrito from the adobe website.

Update: After a few reinstalls and "run as administrators" it has started to work

Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.
Contributor
commadelimited
My Device: Not Specified

Renaun...

Followed your steps (was doing the same thing before).

I confirm that I have a folder for the BB SDK:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1

But when I create a new Flex Mobile project Android is the only option still. I also confirmed that the blackberry-sdk.link file is found in the FlashBuilder/dropins folder as referenced here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Installation-of-Tablet-SDK-finish...

Still no luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdbrian
My Device: Tablet

I have also follow all of the steps in this thread but I still do not have the option to select "Blackberry Table". If it helps, I am running on Windows 7 x64.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdbrian
My Device: Tablet

Just tried for a third time uninstalling and reinstalling with everything "run as admin" and it worked!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
carin_c

All these 'it eventually worked' are great to hear! Thanks for giving hope!

I also have
- Win7
- Burrito build nbr 4.5.0.287807
- BlackBerry SDK installed in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1.

I installed the BlackBerry SDK much after Burrito, but even when I run them as Admin...
- 'BlackBerry' doesn't show up as 'Target Platform' in Burrito
- 'BlackBerry Tablet Air Application' doesn't show up as a new 'debug configuration' in Flash Builder 4 (after I point Flash Builder 4 to SDK location in Burrito folder and everything)

I'm ready to un-install & re-install, but what? Both Burrito and BlackBerry SDK? Or even more?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey carin,

that's weird that its not picking up the SDK. Quick question though are you choosing "ActionScript Mobile Project" when you start a new project? And also are you choosing the "Flex Hero" SDK when initially asked to pick an SDK?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carin_c

I also tried publishing a BlackBerry app from Flash CS5 Pro, as described here: http://designupdate.com/blog/2010/12/07/use-flash-cs5-to-publish-apps-for-the-blackberry-playbook/

Everything got installed OK and seems to work, and the Flash app gets installed in the virtual machine (PlayBook OS) in VMware, but it simply won't 'run' there. At app launch (via the Command Line or the installed app icon on the PlayBook), a PlayBook popup briefly says “Loading your application, please wait", then closes without showing the actual app.

The app itself only contains an ellipse, for simple testing.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey carin,

i've heard it go both ways (good and bad) when it comes to porting directly from a flash program into playbook. but have you already completed the getting started guide provided by RIM step by step to create your AIRHelloWorld program?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carin_c

Yes J. Rab, I have
- "ActionScript Mobile Project" at start in Burrito.
- "Flex Hero" SDK as default SDK

Ah, you mean I should press 'Configure Flex SDKs' and add the BlackBerry SDK (like I did in FLash Builder without success). I'll try now...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
carin_c

OK, so you can't add the BlackBerry SDK for an "ActionScript Mobile Project" in Burrito, because it leads to this error message: "BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.1 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects".

I might be onto something else though...

My BlackBerry SDK is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.1

So in 'Program Files (x86)' instead of 'Program Files', as I previously posted wrongly in this forum.

That 32 bits folder was recommended for Burrito afaik. Should I re-install it in the 64 bits folder instead?

Please use plain text.