Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
carin_c
My Device: Not Specified

Re: FB Burrito and Blackberry SDK Beta2 Install Issue

Yes JRab, I followed the 'getting started' guide provided by RIM step by step to create an 'AIRHelloWorld' program, but got stuck when the Adobe tools didn't show the options they were supposed to show on my machine...

Developer
sbeeckma
My Device: Bold 9700

I guess we got to wait for a new release (of either Burrito or the SDK)...

Developer
JRab

hey,

yeah sorry guys cant think of any more to do but to keep trying to reinstall it till something budges.

1. Install Flash Builder Burrito
  2. Install the SDK using Flex Hero 4.5 instead of AIR SDK
  3. Run Flash Builder Burrito as an Administrator
  4. Cross your fingers.

ill let you know if i can find anything out. hope you the best of luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor
Joey_D

Hi All,

Like many of you, for several day's I've been experiencing the same frustrating issue.

I believe it stem's from the incorrect information on the Start-up Guide.

Here's how I fixed it using Windows 7 OS.

1. Install FB Burrito, selecting Run as Administrator. (do not open software yet after installation)

2. Install Blackberry SDK Beta2, selecting Run as Administrator.

3. Select YES for Integration with Adobe Flash Builder.

4. On the Choose Install Folder Screen, select the folder where you installed FB Burrito.

5. On the Chose Adobe AIR SDK Install Folder Screen, select the sdk folder 3.5.0 (4.5.0 is wrong!!!!)

6. Click Next, then Install.

7. Once installation is complete, Open FB Burrito as Run as Administrator.

8. Go to the Window Tab, select Preferences.

9. Collapse Flash Builder tab, select Installed Flex SDKs.

10. Add Blackberry SDK by browsing the folder where you installed it, select OK.

11. Leave default SDK box checked, click Apply, then OK.

12. Now if you go to create a Flex or ActionScript Mobile Project, if you leave the default SDK box selected ("Flex Hero"), after clicking Next you will now see BlackBerry Tablet in Target platforms.

I hope this is easy to follow as I'm only just starting App Development, but this honestly worked for me. Hopefully I can get assistance from anyone of you peeps, when I get stuck on something else in the future.

Contributor
carin_c

Hi Joey_D,

I did exactly what you proposed, and could finally follow the 'Getting_Started_Guide' steps trough in Burrito.

However, I got stuck on page 26 at step 13 "Click Debug to launch your application in the BlackBerry Tablet Simulator", and was treated to this error message:

"Launching AIRHelloWorld has encountered a problem.
Error occurred while packaging the application: myWorkspacePath\AIRHelloWorld-app.xml:error 102: Invalid namespace
https://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5
Error: AIR validation failed"

When I went to the (un-trusted!) Adobe site, I got:
“The requested URL /air/application/2.5 was not found on this server.”

Also, after re-installing Burrito and restarting my computer, I had 2 additional problems:
1. The 'Application Launcher.exe' can't start when I start my machine, because the 'tlib_log.dll' file is missing.
2. Previously I could install and launch a Flash app in the simulated PlayBook OS through the Windows command line (although the app closed immediately in the simulator), but I now get only the error "access denied". When I compare the Environment Variables on my machine, this path is missing from the String: ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Teleca Shared", so it's probably related to the Burrito re-install in the missing file?

My problems get worse and worse after 3 days of trying everything out...

Anybody knows how to solve these new problems?

Anybody in London whom I can go to and pay to get these things finally working (again) on my Windows 7 machine?
- AIR 2.5 SDK
- Android r0.8 SDK
- BlackBerry SDK & simulator on VMware
- Burrito
- Application Launcher

Carin

New Contributor
Joey_D

Hi Carin,

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same error 102 issue. I've been searching everywhere online to resolve it but to no avail. :-(

Regarding your other issues, I haven't experienced them and they sound quite out of my league to offer advice.

Hopefully someone out there will be able to assist us. In the meantime if I find solutions to the error 102 issue I won't hesitate to share.

Joey_D

Developer
JRab

[ Edited ]

hey,

im not too sure of your errors but in regards to trying to navigate to the namespace value it wont work. those values are just dummie values made unique so they dont interfere with other namespaces. most of the times it looks like a link but its just an identifier.

Update #1: In regards to the error 102 from what i've found its related to not having the latest AIR SDK. So when you chose 3.5.0 instead of the 4.5.0 folder you inadvertedly chose the older AIR SDK. But you said by choosing the 4.5.0 folder you do not see the tablet in the target OS so its a kind of double edge sword at this point.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor
Joey_D

Hi JRab & Carin,

I finally have good news, with a bit of tweaking here and there. App loads & runs on simulator successfully. : -)

Here's what I did. Basically the same steps as before just tweaked a little bit.

1. Re-Install Blackberry SDK Beta2, selecting Run as Administrator.

2. Select YES for Integration with Adobe Flash Builder.

3. On the Choose Install Folder Screen, select the same folder where you installed FB Burrito.

4. It will say something along the lines of replacing the existing file, Select Yes.

5. On the Chose Adobe AIR SDK Install Folder Screen, select the sdk folder 4.5.0

6. Click Next, then Install.

7. Once installation is complete, Open FB Burrito as Run as Administrator.

8. Go to the Window Tab, select Preferences.

9. Collapse Flash Builder tab, select Installed Flex SDKs.

10. Add Blackberry SDK by browsing the folder where you installed it, select OK.

11. Leave default SDK box checked, click Apply, then OK.

I believe the first Install allows FB Burrito to recognize the BlackBerry Tablet as a Target Platform. The Re-Install attaches the correct SDK. 

It would have made sense to just do one Install but who said the life of a Developer is easy.

Now the trackball on my Blackberry 9000 has stopped working....Oh what joy :-(

Joey_D

Contributor
carin_c

[ Edited ]

Hi JRab & Joey_D,

I can now install & launch Flash AIR apps:
- from Burrito straight to the PlayBook simulator in the VMWare Player (finally)

- from '.swf' & '-app.xml' files (created in Flash CS5 with extention for AIR 2.5)  via Command Prompt in the PlayBook simulator in the VMWare Player (again)

- from Flash CS5 straight to the Android device (again)

Yay! :-)

What I did:
1. re-installed Burrito
2. updated Java (from 1.6.0-20 to 1.6.0-23)
3. re-installed the Android SDK
4. re-installed the BlackBerry SDK again, like Joey_D on 12-15-2010
5. added following to the Environment Variables:
- new path of the Android SDK adb tool, to test and debug Flash apps on the Android device
- ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Teleca Shared", to start 'Application Launcher.exe' again
- path of 'blackberry-airpackager', so that Command Prompt finds it
6. touched everything as administrator (for install & launch)

Thanks for all the help!

Carin

PS. Joey_D, hope your Blackberry 9000 trackball works again?

Developer
p3pp3r
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

Just thought I would share my experience on the "missing Tablet OS SDK" issue when creating new flex mobile project. Running Flash Designer Burrito as administrator alone did not solve it for me. I actually had to re-run the Burrito setup and select English-International as a language instead English-North America and that ensured my SDK integration succeeded. Worth a shot.
----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.