Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
shahumang8
My Device: Not Specified

Re: File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is requiredfor all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

Hi peter9477,

Actully i formated my Pc so now no and db file and .csk file .So now how to genrated .p12 file.I have PDBT and RDk file.So pls given me any other solution so now i upload my updated version for bb apps.

Thanks.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: File bundle has been rejected. Package ID is requiredfor all .bar file. If this is an upgrade Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle

Those .csj files can be used only once. If you did not back up your .db and .csk file then you have no choice (as I understand it) but to request new keys, make a new certificate, re-register, etc.

If I'm correct this means you can not release new updates to any app you may already have signed, and will have to recreate them as a new product. Users who have already installed it, if any, will see the new one as a separate product and download.

Everyone: back up your .db and .csk files now and, preferably, your .p12 file too!

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10

Thanks peter. This was a tough lesson to learn but an important one.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

With new keys, you app will be installed as new one and there will be new icon on home screen together with old one (older version).

Another tough lesson for me!

My suggestion: change app icon so users will know which one is new.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
shahumang8

K.Thanks.

New Developer
btbik
My Device: don't have yet

Hi guys!

I have the same error, but I know, what i've done wrong. When I've submitted application and it's first release, I forget to sign application... Now i'm trying to upload new properly  signed version, but it shows this error.

Should I write to RIM and ask them to delete first version?

Thanks! 

Contributor
genration
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I don't understand why people are so accepting of this awful solution. This needs changing fast. Most interestingly this is definitely not the case for the phone SDK.

How do users who have already purchased a product obtain a free upgrade when it is a new product?

Files get lost all the time. Why does it need to be tied to the key files? Surely it could be derived from a unique vendor name and product name? If the phone doesn't work in this way...why does the tablet?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I agree that it seems all messed up. Everyone should be performing some type of backups on their files (keys, source code, resources, etc.). Just seems that a developer should be able to re-generate a lost key from the same information provided to RIM. RIM should maintain keys. If there is an algorithm generating the keys, it should be re-producible.
Contributor
genration
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Thank god for Shadow copies. Managed to recover my old keys. For anyone running Vista and above who wants to try this, the following article might help you:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Previous-versions-of-files-frequently-asked-questio...

Developer
d_source

Just got this message when trying to add a new version of one of my apps. I checked my p12 and csk files and they are still there and haven't been changed since last March, so the lost keys solution doesn't make any sense for me. BUT what I did see was that version 2 of the BAR file had a different name than version 1.So I renamed/resigned version 2 to have the same name I used in version 1 and VOILA! Success! You should check to see if thats the issue, different keys or not.