Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
dhawaljaiswal
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: BSNL

File release denied due to white screen

I recieved mail that my file release denied as application start then goes white screen with no functionality. But I tested bar I submitted on device and simulator (both version 1 and 2 of QNX playbook)  and it is working well. 

I set access_shared permission too, which it always ask user on first time use on both device and simulator. This app is .pgn file viewer for chess games, which list down .pgn files from document folder and allow user to view games in it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: File release denied due to white screen

Ask them to try to re-install the app. I get those emails from time to time and it seems to have something to do with the installation.
Please use plain text.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: Carrier

The problem is that you are not handling an exception where the code is accessing filesystem and you app crashes resulting in white screen. This happens when they user does not allow File permission when the app prompts for it at the first start.

What you need to do is to handle file access using try catch and display alert message to the user indicating they have not granted the permission therefore app will not work. Instruct them to go to Settings, Security, Permissions, find you app in the list and set File permission to allow.

I had this problem long time ago where I was not handling exception and you wont believe how many users are not setting the File permission. 

Hope this helps

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhawaljaiswal
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: BSNL

thank you, I will handle that exception and resubmit it. I will reply here if my app got approved. Blackberry playbook handle permissions differently , I was using my android app codebase for this app.

Please use plain text.