Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Flash Builder 4 Signing (0.9.4)

@ ,

When I follow these steps exactly (which is what I was doing before anyway), and when I unzip my bar file that is created, I only have one file in the manifest folder. Does this mean it is not signed? If so, why is that happening?

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30

Yes, that file is not signed. There should be 5 files in META-INF folder.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Thanks ddluk. So that means signing in Flash Builder Burrito does not work.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I found that the Flash Builder signing fails silently.  Where you would see an error message in the command line, no error appears in Flash Builder, leading to beleive it was successful, when upon checking the .BAR, it really wasn't.  

For me, I was forgetting to update the version number in the -app.xml file.  You need to update the version number on each signing attempt.  So if you haven't done so, try upgrading your version number, and also double check your company name.  After updating the verison number, I can sign the app from FB Burrito. 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha

Could you please tell me, which files should be there if the bar is signed?

I'm getting kind of nervous, because I just updated my three apps with manual signing and the process gave me a positive feedback on all files. But I just had a look into the archives and there is only one entry every META-INF folder...

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Hello,

inside META-INF directory, you should see following files:

AUTHOR.EC

AUTHOR.SF

MANIFEST.MF

RDK.EC

RDK.SF

JC
Developer

@BiggerCC,

Check out the MANIFEST.MF file and check to see whether it mentions anything about "test" in the dname property.  Also check to see if there is a publisher name in there.

If you see "test" or somethinng about "development=true" in the MANIFEST.MF file, then the swf that is being exported is not the "release bulid".  Try adding -debug=false to the compile options.  This will guarantee that it's the release build.

If you do not see a publisher name, make sure you have a "blackberry-tablet.xml" file.  This is where you put your publisher name.  This should match exactly whatever company or individual name you used to sign up for your signing keys.

I put a reference in the "signing" sticky at the top of this forum (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Code-Signing-and-App-Review-proce... that helped me get through the Burrito build.

New Developer

As Comantis said, this is VERY important: "You need to update the version number on each signing attempt."

You can only sign the app with the signing authority ONCE PER VERSION NUMBER. If you're having problems with the BAR not being signed, it's probably because you need to increase your version number. 

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha

Thanks, @MSohm. I did a complete reinstall (in German), had all installations executed as admin and it works, finally.

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
New Contributor
My Device: none

In addition to incrementing versionNumber with every build, I've discovered another VERY IMPORTANT step that was undocumented and will silently stop your build from being signed. You must set your "copyright" tag to be exactly your vendor name. If it's anything else, your app will not be signed. 

I've documented it in more detail here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/SOLVED-How-to-properly-sign-your-...